Monday, March 16, 2009

Recommended List


Merry meet everyone and I apologize for my short leave of absence. With the current lack of feedback about this blog, I got a little discouraged and went on haitus for a bit, but I have now returned. A little inspiration from my mentor, Aslinn and a new Craft book to add to my little library were just the thing to get me writing again.
Whoever may be reading out there, from here on in, this is for you... Contact, comment or not, just please keep reading.
Now to brass tax. You might be wondering, where the blazes does a book come into this? (Other than the fact I just bought a couple.)
Well, I was thinking every Craft blog needs a recommended reading, listening, ect list. Mine certainly is no different. I'll focus on authors and musicians, but I'll throw in a selection of useful websites as well, some of which I have used consistently in my own studies.
Authors-
Scott Cunningham
Raymond Buckland
Christopher Penzcak (A very wise, semi-scientific, electic witch and teacher)
Patricia Telesco
Deepak Chopra (Founder of the Alliance for a New Humanity)
Ellen Dugan
Michelle Blanger (Expert on vampirism and death magick)
Janet and Stewart Ferrar (Elders of the Alexandrian tradition)
Doreen Valiente (Gerald Gardiner's high priestess)
Sir Frazer (author of the Golden Bough)
Alester Crowley (Founder of the Thelmetic system of magic)
John Dee (Founder of the Enochian system of magic)
Most of these are authors of good books I own. Others are authors of books I wish to own.
But just to name a few, for both advanced and beginning witches, I recommend these writers...
Music-
Gaia Consort
Inkubus Sukkubus
S.J Tucker
Wendy Rule
Kelliana
Flight of the Hawk (Did an awesome, shamanic, neoPagan album)
To list my favorites....
Podcasts-
A Witches' Primer by Ariel (Anything by him is good, honestly. But I learn a lot from this podcast that is actually centered around beginning witches. In my opinion, there is intermediate to advanced content in this podcast as well.)
Ariel's Meditations (Again, very good)
The Infinite and The Beyond by Christopher Orapello (Very entertaining and informative podcast worth catching up to.)
Pagan Chaos Magic by Kia Dragon (Contains loads of info!)
The Moonlit Road Podcast by TMR (Not pagan, but tells a couple tales of the supernatural worth listening to)
I'm not huge into podcasts. I don't stay on top of my subscriptions or anything, but these I've gotten a lot out of.
Websites-
Again just to name a few....
Enjoy!
Brightest Blessings Be

No comments:

Post a Comment