Friday, March 6, 2009

Sutble Spells, Crafty Crafting


This is going along the same lines as my last philosophical post, but with an important difference.
My last major post was concerned with the essence of magic that exists in all things. My primary focus this time is how exactly to tap into that magic in your every day life.
How much of a challenge this is really depends on the witch. For me, despite my intuitive inclinations (more on that later) and creative viewpoints, it has been enormously difficult. I have met other witches who share this struggle and I have met a couple who don't. I really think it depends on the person and how you were raised.
I was raised with the idea that the sacred stays in "church" and the mundane or normally exists everywhere else. I had no idea how much that thought process influenced me until I got toward an intermeditate level of my Craft practice, where integration of magic into the mundane is vital for mastery and true understanding of it. I'm still working on it, to be honest. I don't require many tools to create a sacred space, but what tools I require, like my prayer shawl, for example, are absolutely NECESSARY for me to tune myself into more sacred energies.
It's all about mindset really. I realize now the extent to which magical and divine energy extends, but I still need a little push to recognize it for purposes of a ritual or spell. I think most of us are like that.
As to how exactly pull this mundane/magical integration off, here's some tricks I've figured out or have had given to me:
1. Use a specific piece of clothing for ritual, casting, divination, ect. The more you use it this way, the more the vibrations will become more visibly sacred. You will view it and feel it as such and it will invoke sacred feelings. My best example is again, my rainbow colored, Celtic designed prayer shawl.
2. Find handy magical methods for little problems.
Example, the astra's energy from a previous post was given to me by a mentor to help with my physical energy levels at work.
3. Make magical reminders with a purpose. Mandalas, sigils and pentacles are great for this.
ie. A sigil I made and hung on my wall for the purpose of averting poverty.
4. Find some good pagan/wiccan music.
(I'm a nut about this. About a third of the music on my iPod is spiritual in some way or form.)
5. Start a witchcraft blog.
(That was one reason why I started this thing. Actually, I've tried to do this a couple of times.)
That's only a few I've used.
My point being, all things are magical and should be viewed as magical. How exactly you fix your perception of this wholly sacred world is up to you. As long as you acknowledge the truth and celebrate it, you ought to be fine.
Brightest Blessings Be

No comments:

Post a Comment