Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Blessed Beltane


"Today, we thank the Mother Goddess for her bounty...as she joins in the sacred marriage with her consort, our Lord the God." -
Paraphrase of my Beltane ritual this year.



------------------------------------

A big thank you for the comments on my last post, particularly to the one given by my mentor, Aslinn.

Aslinn, I want you to know I will never wander away and leave you, you're like family to me and that is one guiding light getting me through this.

As for the depression comment, I have to get very personal to explain that one;

Yes, I do suffer from mental illness. I am bipolar. Am I on medication for it and under medical care and treatment for it? Yes. Is that the reason behind my dark night of the soul recently? I'm sure it is, at least partially.

----------------------------------

Enough on that,

I am proud to report I had a very blessed Beltane and I did not even have to write a new ritual for myself to use personally. (There's nothing wrong with the old one, to be perfectly frank.)

I spent it with two friends, one being an older friend of mine and a novice witch himself and the other being a new friend and a bit of a curiousity seeker. Both added an energy to my celebration this year I will never forget.

We did an impromptu ritual under a pine tree on the grounds of the community college I currently attend. Well, at least, I did most of the actual ritual stuff, being the most experienced of the three of us. Either way, having companions for fellowship on this sabbat helped my mood immensely. Feeling the power of the Divine out in nature (it was sprinkling rain no less), added to the experience as well. Jane and Stewart Ferrar were truly correct in saying outdoor rituals are better in their book the Witches' Bible.

I'm still tired, strung out and in the shadows, but I know the light's coming eventually, so no worries.

Being stuck in transition really plays into this "dark night" I mentioned as well, seeing as I'm about to transfer to a four year university soon. The ending semster isn't helping.

The Divine willing, this too shall pass. Today really proved that it will.

Brightest Blessings

1 comment:

  1. Our best rituals honoring the divine always come from the spontaneous voice of the heart. For in that spontaneity we hear the voice of the creator and the creator hears our own.

    ReplyDelete