Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Dark Night of the Soul



Well y'all, if you haven't figured out by now, I am horribly stuck in a long "dark night of the soul."

I had one when I first began my Craft studies and I'm having another. Only this time, its much more drawn out than before.

The first one lasted only say, like a week. This one has been going on for a couple months. And it's not just affecting my witchcraft and spirituality. It's affecting my creative endeavors and my concentration at school.

Other than just pushing through it, which I'm doing. Y'know, the "grin and bear it" method, I have no idea what to do.

I know who I am and what I believe in. So what's the problem? What do I do?

I'm not expecting an answer to that, but it'd be nice to get something other than "just keep swimming," so to speak.

I feel like I'm being tested and I probably am.

Enough ranting. I will have Beltane wisdom to share next time, hopefully. I'm thinking about redoing my ritual for this sabbat since it's so short and more than likely ripped off from someone else (not a bad thing, but I like my own words better). I'll post on it here if I do write a new one.

Brightest Blessings

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever considered that these "Dark Nights" may be depression? I spent most of my adult life suffering from Major Depression. It almost killed me. If this is the case, I suggest you start with a counselor at your school.

    "I feel like I'm being tested and I probably am."

    Depression isn't a test. It's an illness. Think of it like the flu or something. You need to go to the doctor if you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be strong my daughter and do not despair. I know you, you are out of balance. You are giving too much and not taking back. Self examination, counsel with others and seek your greater self.

    Do not lose yourself to the dark night. It would be lonely for me if you wandered away.

    ReplyDelete