Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Series of Thoughts


After encountering again and again that I do not have a sufficent, formal place to express my own thoughts on the Craft, being a college age witch and other spiritual matters. I have made up my mind to create this blog for college age witches by a college age witch.
Fitting that I can use my very pagan google e-mail address to set it up, which I find very ironic.
Where to begin?
First off, I am 19 years old. I live in Arkansas and I am an anthropology major. I am attending a community college currently but as of next semster I will be attending a four year university in Missouri.
With Ostara only about a month away, signaling the arrival of Spring, I find it only fitting that this series of thoughts begin now.
What triggered this?
Honestly, the high-minded, overly complex, overly metaphorical teachings of a certain ceremonial magician I encountered online. I have never been this intent on putting down into words what I feel is and isn't important to study of Wicca and witchcraft in general.
I am simple in my approach. My speciality is folk magic and it shows in this regard. My theological ideas are basic, but powerful. My spirituality as well as my tradition are blended in several ways and very raw. Polished, posed, smoke and mirrors magic is not my forte at all.
So, in short, be prepared to hear some blunt, straightforward opinions from me on several issues. I have some strong words to share and I am going to share them.
Hopefully I can teach someone in the process.
Brightest Blessings Be

No comments:

Post a Comment